As the market reacts to the UK's shock decision to leave the EU, active managers are underperforming their passive peers when it comes to UK equities.
Columbia Threadneedle Investments will launch an offshore version of its UK equity income fund.
BlackRock is launching four thematic exchange traded funds to capture what it says are investment opportunities created by global ‘megatrends’.
Pictet Asset Management has launched a multi-asset income fund, its first domiciled in Hong Kong, and has high expectations for emerging Asia equities over the next five years.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management has announced the launch of the Global Brands Equity Income (GBEI) Fund, which will offer an enhanced income version of its existing Global Brands Fund in both Luxembourg Sicav and UK domiciled Oeic fund formats.
Rathbone Unit Trust Management said it plans to launch an offshore version of the Rathbone Income Fund for investors based in Continental Europe.
BlackRock has launched the Strategic Funds Asia Pacific Absolute Return Fund, which will aim to exploit the region’s “under-appreciated areas of strength.”
European investors have been dismissing US equities as too expensive for a couple of years. But as the S&P 500 continues to outperform other equity markets, appetite for the asset class is again on the rise.
Amundi has completed its purchase of an 87.5% stake in Kleinwort Benson Investors (KBI) with the company’s management team acquiring the remaining 12.5%.
South Korea is one of the most attractive regions in Asia in terms of dividend growth potential, said Henderson Asian Dividend Income Fund co-manager Sat Duhra.
Legg Mason has launched sterling hedged share classes for the firm’s IF Rare Global Infrastructure Income Fund to provide investors with exposure to infrastructure equities while lessening the impact of currency fluctuations.
Lombard Odier Investment Management is making 17 of its mutual funds available through the Novia Financial and Novia Global platforms.
Retail investment platform Rplan saw a big increase in flows into emerging market funds over the last three months, with the notable exception of China-only investments.
Despite the prevailing negative market sentiment towards the continent, expensive US equities and an accelerating Eurozone economy are making European equities more attractive, investment analysts have said.
European equity funds experienced their largest ever monthly net outflows in July, beating the previous record set in January 2008, according to Morningstar fund flows data.
Growing uncertainty in developed markets and a flight to safe haven assets post-Brexit have skewed valuations, according to an increasing number of industry professionals polled by the CFA Society of the UK.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) plans to investigate absolute return funds as part of its review into the asset management market, amid poor performance despite the flood of money being pumped into the strategy.
Neil Woodford is considering the launch of an ‘offshore feeder fund’ for the Woodford Equity Income Fund, according to reports.
Investors in the ill-fated EEA Life Settlements Fund have been told they cannot sell their shares in so-called 'death bonds' until later in the year as not enough cash has been generated from maturing policies, according to campaign group EEA Investor’s Group (EEIG).
Isle of Man chief minister Allan Bell has questioned...
France, Germany and Italy are fighting against introducing...
The winners in International Adviser’s inaugural Best...
Guernsey-based Louvre Fund Services and two of its...
Advisers are losing business because they are failing...
As Old Mutual International’s head of region for Europe, David Matthews is well placed...